Setting up your Stratus Backup service
From Imaginet FAQ
- Download the Soteria client from http://www.soteriabackup.co.za/download.php
- Install the software:
- Double-click Guardian where you have saved it, should be in Downloads, and choose "Run".
- While installing the software, you choose a Machine ID (Guardian ID) which is a unique name for your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- Configuring Soteria Client
- Open the web console, (Guardian).
- Click "Sign Up" (under the Login button).
- Enter the following access details:
- Backup Server: backup04.ct.za.soteriabackup.net
- Customer Pass Key ID: (A unique key will be provided by Imaginet on the product datasheet
- User Name [Machine ID]: (Any Globally Unique Name for this computer)
- Password: (Any password of your choice)
- Click "Register Client" button to link your computer to the backup server.
Creating backup schedules
- Choose a Backup name.
- Choose the files/folders you wish to backup. NOTE:Special folders like "Desktop", "My Documents", "My Music" etc. can't be grouped with other folders in the same backup job, and cannot be backed up up continuously. If you want to back up any of these special folders, create a separate backup job for each, and set the backup schedule to anything other than continuous.
- Choose a time of day your computer will be on.
- Choose the Password you will encrypt your files with. REMEMBER THAT THIS PASSWORD CANNOT BE RECOVERED IF YOU FORGET IT. IF YOU CHOOSE TO ENCRYPT YOUR FILES AND THE PASSWORD IS LOST, THERE IS NO WAY TO RECOVER THE ENCRYPTED FILES. IF YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT FORGETTING YOUR PASSWORD, LEAVE THESE SPACES BLACK. HOWEVER, YOUR DATA WILL THEN NOT BE ENCRYPTED.
- Click Save.