Vumatel Fibre technical info
(Redirected from Vumatel Fibre)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Understanding the lights on the Huawei ONT
- The power light should be on and stable.
- Power light off: Ensure device is plugged in and switched on at the wall.
- The PON light (Passive Optical Network) should be on and green.
- Off, red and flashing: There is an error with your line. Contact us and we'll have it sorted out!
- The LOS light (Loss of Signal) should be off.
- On: There may be a fault with your fibre connection. Contact Imaginet!
- PON and LOS lights flashing: The device is faulty. Contact Imaginet and we'll arrange for a new device to be installed for you.
- The LAN light should be on.
- Off: The device is not properly connected to the ONT.
- Ensure cables and connectors to the Wi-Fi enabled ONT and device are plugged in properly.
- Ensure all devices are switched on.
- Try different LAN cables.
- Switch the ONT device off for 5 minutes and turn it back on. If the light stays off, contact Imaginet.
- The WLAN light
- On: Wi-Fi is enabled.
- Off: Wi-Fi is not enabled or the device has no power
- Flashing: Data is being transmitted
- NOTE: If the LAN light stays off please log a query with your ISP. You cannot use a telephone cable. You will need to use an Ethernet, LAN or CAT6 cable.