Configure your IP Address
1 August 2014
Using a static IP address gives you more control over your IT infrastructure and very useful instead of using dynamic DNS services if you are hosting email or other web services. The requirements of using a static IP address are:
- An Imaginet Uncapped or Home Uncapped ADSL account.
- Any router/server/software capable of terminating an L2TP connection.
- An Imaginet static IP package
- Go to the VPN settings on your router or use server software
- Find the L2TP section (Fig. 1)
- Enter the following authentication details:
- L2TP Service IP: 22.214.171.124 ( use your allocated IP address)
- Enter your Username and Password provided
The IP address must be configured as follows in your router (Fig. 2):
Protocol: L2TP VPN Type of connection: dial-out Server IP address: 126.96.36.199 Connection type: Remote access Username: email@example.com Password: yourDSLpassword Authentication type: PAP Tunnel authentication: disable Activate as default route: yes Remote host name: (leave blank) Local host name: (leave blank) IPSec: not enabled Authentication: None Encryption: NULL Perfect forward secrecy: None Pre-shared key: (leave blank)
Similar News Articles...
The Reality of Mobile Usage and Social Media Growth Are you a news addict
Are you a news addict?Website Promotion e-book
Imaginet eBook: How to Promote Your New Website